Claire, Charlie and I are so excited about the upcoming arrival of the newest Dodge! We’d love for to share the excitement with you, so we’ve planned a “Guesses for Baby Dodge Giveaway!” Participate in our “BabyHunch” game – guess baby’s gender, birth date, and more. The best guesser will win a 15 ml bottle of Young Living’s Lavender Essential Oil. Curious about lavender essential oil? More on lavender and its uses at the bottom of the post.
To help you make your guesses, we’ll share with you Claire and Charlie’s “stats,” and let you compare those to Claire’s “stats” from this pregnancy. When you are ready to make your guesses, go to our BabyHunch game and enter the password: DFC
Claire at 39 weeks with Charlie
Pregnancy Experiences with Charlie
- morning sickness/nausea (all day!) till week 14
- food cravings – steak, avocados, strawberries
- hypersensitive to smells, especially raw meats through whole pregnancy
- more fatigue with Charlie’s pregnancy
- mood – more irritable, stubborn
- weight gain total – 26lbs
- due date – September 25
- born – September 24th, 8:35pm
- 8lb 4oz
- 21 in
- hair color – strawberry blonde
Claire at 38 weeks with Baby Dodge #2
- little to no morning sickness
- food cravings – hamburgers, sweets
- sensitive to smells, especially chili and soups, in early pregnancy
- less fatigue
- mood – more weepy, dramatic
- strong heartburn/reflux with certain foods
- weight gain so far – 22.5lbs
Baby Dodge’s expected due date is August 5th.
Good luck! After baby arrives, we will announce the winner and their guesses here on the blog, as well as contact you via email. Your YL Lavender Essential Oil prize will be ordered and mailed directly to you after the giveaway is complete.
I chose lavender essential oil as the giveaway prize because it is truly the most versatile of therapeutic grade essential oils. It also holds a special meaning for this pregnancy and birth, as Claire has been using it for skin care, calming effects, and plans to have it diffusing in our home during the birth.
Description and Uses for Lavender Oil (From the Young Living website)
Lavender has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. Lavender is an adaptogen, and therefore can assist the body when adapting to stress or imbalances. It is a great aid for relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that can also boost stamina and energy. Therapeutic-grade lavender is highly regarded for skin and beauty. It may be used to soothe and cleanse common cuts, bruises, and skin irritations.
- Soothe minor burns by applying 2–3 drops of lavender essential oil to the affected area.
- Rub lavender essential oil on dry or chapped skin to moisturize the affected area.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to a cotton ball and place it in closets and drawers to scent linens and repel moths and insects.
- You may be able to minimize the appearance of scar tissue by massaging lavender essential oil on or around affected areas.
- Place a few drops of lavender essential oil on a wet cloth or dryer sheet to deodorize and freshen your laundry.
- Diffuse lavender essential oil to minimize seasonal discomforts.
- Rub a few drops of lavender essential oil onto your hand and spread over your child’s pillow to help him/her sleep.
- Diffuse lavender essential oil to set the mood for a baby shower or social gathering.
- Diffuse or inhale lavender essential oil to calm your mind, body, and spirit after a hard day’s work.